Southern Federal University takes pride in the sporting achievements of its students and graduates. It is among the universitys priorities to develop student sport and to encourage healthy and dynamic lifestyle.
Among the SFedU students are the winners of various international competitions and championships:
- Andrey Moiseev, a postgraduate student of the SFedU Faculty of Regional Studies - two-times Olympic Champion in Modern Pentathlon(2004 and 2008), European and World Modern Pentathlon Cup Winner;
- Alexey Turkin, a student of the SFedU Faculty of Regional Studies - European and World Modern Pentathlon Cup Winner
- Tatiana Gorbunova, who graduated from the SFedU Faculty of Physical Training and Sport (SFedU Pedagogical Institute) in summer 2012 - Rhythmic Gimnastics Olympic Champion (2008), World Champion (2007), European Champion (2008)
- Olga Sarmakesheva, a student of the SFedU Faculty of Economics - Kickboxing World Cup Winner, Kickboxing Champion of Russia;
- Arkadiy Vyatchanin, a student of the SFedU Faculty of Regional Studies - Bronze Medal Winner in 100 m and 200 m backstroke at the 2008 Olympic Games, Gold Medal Winner in 100 m and 200 m backstroke at the 2006 European Championships;
- Yulia Efimova, a student of the SFedU Faculty of Regional Studies - three-times European Champion in breaststroke swimmming (2008-2010), Silver Medal Winner in 200 m breaststroke at the 2011 World Aquatics Championships, Bronze Medal Winner at the 2012 London Olympic Games;
- Valery Anisimov, a student of SFedU Taganrog Technological Institute - medal winner at the 2011 Trampolining and Tumbling World Championships;
- Larisa Korobeynikova, a student of the SFedU Faculty of Law - member of the Russian fencing team that won the womens foil team event final at the 2011 World Fencing Championships and the womens foil team silver at the 2012 London Olympic Games;
- Demetra Cheerleading Team, made up of students of SFedU Pedagogical Institute - repeated winners of the European Cheerleading Championships;
- numerous other talented athletes.
We are very proud of the fact that Olympic champions and medalists study at SFedU!
SFedU international students are welcome to join various sports clubs and take part in sporting events!
SFedU students are welcome to join a broad range of sport clubs. Members of SFedU sports clubs regularly take part in local and national competitions, which helps them to develop team spirit and a passion for leadership. SFedU sport clubs become a springboard for excellence in high-performance sport.
Southern Federal University strives to provide its students with opportunities for sporting activities not only during the academic semesters, but in the vacation period as well. Four SFedU resort centers (usually called "camps") are available to SFedU students wishing to relax, improve their health and to experience fantastic outdoor adventures.
Three camps are located at the Black Sea coast (Limanchik,Vityaz and Raduga) and one more - in the mountains of North Ossetia (Taimazi).
Limanchik, Vityaz and Raduga are resort centers equipped with modern facilities where students can enjoy the sunny beaches and the fresh air of the Black Sea coast, as well as participate in football, volleyball, badminton and swimming events. Vityaz also offers amazing diving opportunities.
Taimazi is a perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts. This mountain camp offers brilliant opportunities for hiking, paragliding, alpine skiing, and mountanineering and welcomes SFedU students all year round.
SFedU also provides its students and staff with an opportunity to stay at a number of health resorts at reduced price. These include spa resorts of the North Caucasus and beach resorts of the Crimea and other tourist spots of the Black and Azov Sea coast.
SFedU students are welcome to join SFedU Student Club that deals with cultural and entertainment activities and events.
SFedU Student Club aims at providing students with an opportunity to express themselves, to demonstrate their creative skills and talents. The Club supports and runs 4 singing bands, 8 dance companies, and 3 theatrical companies, as well as organizes a variety of concerts, festivals and competitions.
Each creative company has its own distinctive charater and style. An academic choirand a folk singing enesemble are among the SFedU singing bands. SFedU dance companies include ballroom dance, folk dance and breakdancing companies. The University is proud of its award-winning dance company headed by its founder and long-term leader Diana Ferder. A mime theatre studio is among the SFedU theatrical companies.
SFedU faculty and students, as well as their relatives and friends are always eager to come to the university festivals and creative competitions. The Golden Voice singing contest, humorous KVN shows and the Spring Creative Festival are especially popular. KVN is a comedy sketch show where the performers are divided into competing teams. The Spring Creative Festival is a kind of a talent show where students can demonstrate their acting, dancing and singing skills.
Special festivals and photo exhibitions are organized for SFedU international students that give them an opportunity to share positive emotions and to learn more about the culture of each others native country.