Laboratory staff participated in the commercial research project "The practical use of the Skulachev ions" VA Chistyakov - as the team leader in the research group of physiology of reactive oxygen species and a member of the academic council of the project. In the framework of the project, a number of studies were performed, in which antimutagenic, endocrine and NO-stimulating activity of 10- (6'-plastoquinonyl) decyltriphenylphosphonium (SkQ1), which is the basis of the ophthalmic preparation "Visomitin", was demonstrated for the first time.
The team conducted a series of studies that revealed probiotic properties in sporulating microorganisms, investigated the genomes of the most promising strains [1, 2], and developed the formulation of the drug that was tested in animals . In collaboration with American colleagues, a nutrient medium for the biotechnological production of the antimicrobial drug subtilosin was developed and tested .
In 2014, a series of studies was started to quantify the role of mutagenic drugs in the development of resistance of microorganisms to antimicrobial agents and to find ways to correct the associated negative processes. Antioxidative and antimutagenic effect of fermentates of probiotic bacteria was detected. . A set of methods for evaluating the antioxidative and antimutagenic activity of compounds with the help of bacterial genetically engineered Lux-biosensors was developed [6 - 8]. Methods for identification and purification of microorganisms of biologically active substances are developed and tested in the study of carotenoids of Deinococcus radiodurans [9, 10].
One of the achievements of the laboratory team was the development of a model for the age-related loss of the cellularity  and the interaction of fullerene C60 and carbon nanotubes with protons . In parallel, during the project supported by the RScF, the ability of a number of new benzofuroxanes synthesized at the chemical faculty of SFedU to generate nitric oxide was found .
To implement the results of scientific developments, the staff of the laboratory created the Small Innovative Enterprise LLC "Biomedtechnology Center of Southern Federal University", in 2011 the enterprise successfully performed a number of works, including the FTsP project on the development of laboratory technology for probiotic preparations based on spore-forming bacteria.
- RFBR Project 2-04-31547 Mol_a "Study of the adaptogenic effect of low molecular weight organic cations by means of bacterial biosensors"
- Research project "Investigation of the mechanisms of action of negative anthropogenic extreme environmental factors with the help of cellular biosensors"
- Research project "The development of the fundamental principles of biotechnology based on the extremes of tolerance of microorganisms. The number of the child's peri-rection of scientific research 01201252273
- Grant (Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation), project No. 01201366515 "Investigation of mechanisms of antioxidant activity of fullerene C60"
- State task No. 6.1202.201.2014/K (13.01-11 / 2014-67 IF) Study of the resistance of microorganisms to antimicrobial drugs caused by the use of drugs-mutagens
- Project No. 14-13-00103. Super-electrophilic activation: an effective way of forming С-С bonds and synthesis of new condensed carbo- and heterocycles with potential biological activity
- RFBR Project No. 16-32-60077 "Study of the promising biological effects of carbon nanoparticles in the therapeutic plan"
- Russian Scientific Foundation Project No. 16-16-04032 "Slowing of reproductive aging of chickens with the help of cultures of probiotic microorganisms - producers of substances with antioxidant and DNA-protective activity"