International students intending to study at Southern Federal University should take a one-year foundation course. The Russian Language is a core of the Foundation Course. The content of the Foundation Course is relevant to the degree program which you will take.
The course consists of
General Russian Language Practice
Training in Specialized Scientific Vocabulary
Training in Humanities / Economics / Natural Sciences / Engineering/Biomedical Science
The range of subjects depends on the chosen specialization
- applicants opting for Engineering study Mathematics, Physics, Engineering Graphics and Informatics (for those opting for "Architecture" and "Design" additional compulsory subjects are taught which are "Painting" and "Composition".
- applicants opting for Economics study Mathematics, Economic, and Social Geography, Foundations of Economic Theory, History and Social Studies;
- applicants opting for Humanities study Russian Literature, History, and Cultural Studies, Social Studies;
- applicants opting for Natural Sciences study Mathematics, Physics / Chemistry, and Foundations of Computer Science;
- applicants opting for Biomedical Science study Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
The course lasts for 1 year (2 semesters) starting on September 15. More than half of the duration of the course is dedicated to learning Russian.
At the end of the academic year all students take exams in the Russian language (First level certificate) and the entrance exam in the relevant subject. Upon successful completion of the Foundation Course, the applicants are awarded with the Certificate of graduation from the Preparatory Department.
Starting date for students of Foundation Course is September, 15.
Total fee for the course: 105,000 Roubles